Product ID 5604
Adrenal gland facts
• Produces steroid hormone, cortisol (the stress hormone);
• Produces adrenaline and noradrenaline, the fight or flight neurotransmitters;
• Communicates with the liver to release glycogen for breakdown into glucose;
• Adaptation to conditions so that responses are even and balanced and not severe;
• Helps immune system to act and suppresses inflammatory reactions;
• Secondary site of sex hormone production (main site of sex hormone production is the testes in men and ovaries in women);
• Supports correct blood pressure and sodium levels by production of aldosterone.
Remember, steroid hormone production depends on the presence and mobilization of cholesterol.
Vitamin C – concentrated in the adrenal glands and is necessary for the production of both steroid hormones and neurotransmitters. It is needed for the production of cortisol.
Pantothenic Acid – a part of the coenzyme A molecule that is essential to all high energy tissues of the body. Coenzyme A starts the Krebs cycle of energy production.
B12 – because all energy issues may not be due to stress.
Adrenal Xtra Energy Support™
“Xtra” because of extra Pantothenic Acid: Adrenal support for higher stress situations.
“Xtra” because of Rhodiola rosea: Adrenal support when difficult adaptation is required, such as severe weather, severe workload, difficult lifestyle (cold extremes, firefighters, law enforcement, etc.) Rhodiola, an adaptogenic herb with the additional property of helping with high stress mental activity.